Attorney James L. Widrig, or more commonly known as “Jim Widrig”, was born in Upstate NY. in a small town called Yorkshire, NY. He went to college in east Tennessee at Carson-Newman College. After college Jim attended law school at Thomas M. Cooley in Lansing, Michigan.
Attorney Jim Widrig practices in all of Middle Tennessee and his main office is located in downtown Nashville. James Widrig founded the law office of Widrig Law PLLC in February of 2007 with the goal to fight for individuals during the most difficult times of their lives. In 2011 James L Widrig was voted one of the Best Lawyers in Nashville by the readers of the Nashville Scene.
Jim Widrig is licensed in Tennessee and is admitted in all State Trial Courts of Tennessee, the Tennessee Court of Appeals, the Tennessee Supreme Court, and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee.
Jim Widrig tries to take a personal, relaxed, and friendly approach with all of his clients. If you need legal representation who will not treat you as a number but treat you with respect and as a friend then Jim Widrig is the attorney you are looking for. Whether you need a DUI lawyer , a child custody attorney, a divorce attorney, a criminal lawyer or any other type of attorney then Nashville lawyer Widrig maybe able to assist you.
Juris Doctor , Thomas M Cooley Law School , Lansing , MI (awarded December, 2005)
- Graduated with law degree in just over 2 years
- Deans list (4 separate semesters)
- Honors Scholarships for several semesters
- Concentration in General, Solo, and Small Firm Practice
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology , Carson-Newman College , Jefferson City , TN (awarded December, 2002)
- Jim has been an active member of the community. In 2009 he helped organize and plan the SouthNashDash 5k run/walk race that has become a wonderful yearly event in south Nashville.
- Jim is the current President of his Homeowners Association and served as the Vice-President in 2010.
- Member of the Tennessee Bar Association
- Former Member of the Nashville Bar Association
- Member of the Tennessee Association For Justice
- Former Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Rutherford Cannon County Bar Association